Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Welcome to my quirky blog about bad ass girls and donuts

How it began
One day, I was doing a shoot with some precocious, junior roller derby girls at a donut shop.I loved the way the pictures turned out. The girls were filled with chuztpah and the donuts were pretty. One of my friends said something along the lines of the little girls looking like bad asses while they were being silly in front of a tray full of colorful donuts.BAM! An idea was born!
 It occurred to me that I have a HUGE number of female friends that do really amazing things. I wanted to show the world all the cool chickadees I know, plus I love donuts. It seemed like a perfect combination to me. Bad ass girls and donuts, who doesn't love both?
This is not a pin up or sexy times blog however, I am not publishing images of minors for this.Bad Ass Girls and Donuts is a female/carbohydrate empowerment blog. If the girls are sexy, it's because they can't help it. Their bad assness can not be contained!
If you are a bad ass female, love donuts and want to be a part of this project, you can contact me at
brookhewitt@roseriotphotography.com .


Ruby Redmayne



I first met Ruby at a professional wrestling show. She is by far one of the most bad ass ladies I have ever met.  She is a world traveling, funny as hell, burlesque maven, costuming queen, nurturing , compassionate, physically fit bad ass! I don't think Ruby knows the concept of not being able to do something. If she wants to do it, she does it! She is an inspiration to me on how to live life. By the way, the donut shown here was a stunt donut. Ruby is training for a bikini body building competition. Wow, just wow!

Weirdest job: I guess being a screener to build focus groups for new products. One time I had to find women to try a new maxi pad and they had to bring the used maxi pads back in after they used them! Grosssssss.   



Favorite song to sing:  My go to in karaoke is Me and Bobby McGee.

 Sexiest City: My skin and hair looked awesome in Seattle.
 In the morning: I mostly do something - go lay down. Do something else - go lay down. I don't like to rush in the morning. I get up early to compensate. 


  Good first date idea: I like walking and talking, seeing something and doing things. Please little baby jesus no dinner and a movie kind of boredom. 







  My message to the world:  Take care of one another. Don't mind the little things. Don't be afraid. Have FUN always!


3 comments: