Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Joy of Donuts

JOY

http://www.joyelan.com/


 I met Joy as I meet many people (lame as it may sound), through social media. Joy, like me is a busy full time free lance photographer (among other things), so our crazy, ever changing schedules make it a challenge to meet real live people unless they are clients. Joy and I chatted for months before we actually met in face to face. I liked her immediately, she seemed to be humble, a quality I adore in people especially photographers. Joy is a dedicated hard worker, she has her own business joyelan.com and is the creative director for leahandmark.com as well as Project5A Studio.
When Joy isn't calling the shots in the studio, she is traveling the globe. This girls flag some miles! I always look forward to her tales of travel and the photographs that go with them. Here is her latest blog post about her whirlwind trip to Dublin, Ireland. http://www.joyelan.com/blog/


turn-ons: Good conversation, good hygiene, accents, people who like coffee.

turn-offs: laziness, negativity, selfishness, and know-it-alls.

guilty pleasures: Margaritas & Wedding cake. I feel like if I’m at a wedding I have to try the cake even if it doesn’t look good. When your job is weddings that’s a lot of cake.

What makes you want to be a better person? If I’m a better person I’m able to help others better themselves.

first concert: I won tickets to Blink 182 when I was 24.. I wasn’t cool until my mid-twenties.

favorite books: Anything by Michael J Fox, Dan Brown books, Vegabonding- which started my world traveling.

favorite movies: Anchor Man & Fight Club

favorite TV show: Recently it would have been Breaking Bad

Where would you go if you had a time machine?: I could make something up but to be honest it would be back to a time that I could have a conversation with my dad.






pets: Stella my amazing mini greyhound – she’s kind of a big deal.

foods I crave (besides donuts): Thai, Chinese, Italian - really I am very impressionable when it comes to food bombing (people posting photos of food on social media)

people I admire: Besides family or friends.. Michael J Fox, Alan watts, Tina Fey.. If it wasn’t midnight I could probably think of more.

weirdest job: When fax machines were a big thing, I worked in a call center that sold people $300 all inclusive vacations to the Bahamas.. I later found out that it was a scam. Sorry if you were one of those people- I have no idea how they got your number.

favorite song to sing karaoke: Journey! No, kidding. I love the version of Beautiful Girls by Rome from Sublime.

favorite city : Dublin Ireland

in the morning….: After wishing I had gone to bed earlier.. I check every one of my social media sites and gmail then coffee. I’m a busy lady.



What is your message to the world?: Stop making excuses. Do something awesome every day. 

If you or someone you know is a bad ass girl, contact me at brookhewitt@roseriotphotography.com
Also feel free to check out my site
  www.roseriotphotography.com
 and my facebook page
 Rose Riot Photography.












No comments:

Post a Comment