Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Danelle, Dog and Donuts, bad ass things that start with D

Danelle




I met Danelle recently when I was shooting a social media conference called Barkworld. She was accompanied by the huge, polka dotted, standard poodle named Truman. As soon as I saw Truman I knew I wanted to show the world this amazing looking creature, somehow I needed to find an angle to use Truman on my blog. Truman being both a boy and canine doesn't meet the normal criteria for Bad Ass Girls and Donuts but as I soon found out his mom, Danelle did and bingo!



turn-ons: My husband and some good 80's music. Brings back great memories.
turn-offs: hmmmm.....I don't want to be rude.
guilty pleasures: Krispy Kreme donuts when the "HOT NOW" sign is lit - a whole dozen at one time and not having to share them with anyone.
What makes you want to be a better person? watching my kids grow up


first concert: I really can't remember.....probably Amy Grant.

favorite books: "The Power of One", "The Night Circus", "A Prayer for Owen Meany", and pretty much anything by Pat Conroy

Where would you go if you had a time machine?: the wild west, without a doubt! I'd have a horse and a side-by-side shotgun, which, incidentally, I do have but no wild west to go with it. I live in the city.

pets: A Paso Fino, 5 cats, and the most awesomest dog ever, Truman!

 foods you crave (besides donuts): haha. I swear the Krispy Kreme thing above was totally honest and had nothing to do with this blog or this question. Food I
crave.......? French fries dipped in honey mustard sauce.


weirdest job: Well, I travel around the world teaching people how to groom cats so I think that pretty much qualifies as a weird job.

favorite song to sing karaoke: a parody rewrite I did of "Before He Cheats" entitled "Before She Speaks." I performed this in a couple of creative grooming competitions with Truman and one of my cats, which we won, by the way. It was fun, especially since I'm a cat groomer and I beat the dog groomers in their own competition.

favorite city : Montreux, Switzerland in the morning....: I drink a soy latte. Venti.



What is your message to the world: Don't give up. Quitting shouldn't ever be an option. In other words, don't be a pussy.


Danelle is the founder and director of the National Cat Groomers School. When I met her she was promoting a product she help ed develop called Chubbs.
 http://chubbsbars.com/about/

Are you a bad ass? Do you have a bad ass product or accomplishment you want the world to know about? Email me and tell me all about it. I would love to have you here on my lil ol blog.

                                               brookhewitt@roseriotphotography.com



No comments:

Post a Comment